The Scientific Program of the XII SSAGI will include invited Plenary and Keynote Lectures and contributed Oral and Poster presentations.
The Scientific Program also includes the following Special Sessions:
- The Rio de la Plata Craton and its importance for the amalgamation of West Gondwana. Convener: Miguel Angelo Stipp Basei, Instituto de Geociências da USP, Centro de Pesquisas Geocronológicas, Brasil.
- Geochemistry of unconventional oil and gas plays: from deposition to exploration to remediation. Conveners: Juan Carlos Silva Tamayo, Antono Narino University and Alcides N. Sial Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, Brasil.
- New applications and findings in 40Ar/39Ar geochronology of igneous and metamorphic rock. Conveners: Paola Martínez and Juan Pablo Contreras, Servicio Nacional de Geología y Minería, SERNAGEOMIN, Chile.
We welcome contributions dealing with the use of radiogenic and stable isotopes in the diverse fields of Geology. The following research areas will be emphasized:
- Isotope evolution of the crust and mantle.
- Isotopes applied to ore genesis, minerals, oil, and gas.
- Geochronology of metamorphic and igneous processes.
- Low temperature geochronology of geological processes.
- Isotope geochemistry of sedimentary successions.
- Quaternary geochronology.
- Isotope applications in paleoclimatology.
- Isotopes in environmental geology and water resources.
- New isotope developments and applications.