Dear SSAGI participants,
Please note the following information in reference to COVID 19 and requirements to enter Chile
Mobility Pass (Pase de Movilidad)
As of April 14, 2022, the Chilean government no longer requires travelers to obtain a Mobility Pass (“Pase de Movilidad”) https://mevacuno.gob.cl/ to enter Chile.
However, a valid Mobility Pass will still be required in many situations, including but not limited to the following:
• Domestic travel (by plane, bus, etc.) For example, if you are arriving in Santiago and have a connecting domestic flight to another city in Chile, a Mobility Pass will not be requested upon arrival in Santiago but will be required to board your connecting domestic flight.
• Indoor dining at restaurants. Dining at open terraces is allowed without a mobility pass.
• Access to theaters and cinemas.
• Participation in organized tours.
• Attendance at large public events (sporting events, concerts, etc.)
The Organizing Committee encourages participants who may engage in any of the above activities to obtain a Mobility Pass prior to arrival in Chile. https://mevacuno.gob.cl/. Please note that the mobility pass may take up to 10 days to be issued.
The use of a face mask will be mandatory when in closed spaces during the duration of SSAGI 2022.
In the absence of a Mobility Pass most places and SSAGI 2022 will accept a negative PCR with a validity of 72 hours. The average price of a PCR test in Chile is CLP 30.000 (US$ 36 – BRL$ 175).
Before boarding your flight to Chile
Travelers will have to present the following documents when boarding their flight to Chile:
• A completed “Traveler’s Affidavit” prepared less than 48 hours before boarding. https://c19.cl
• Proof of a health insurance policy that provides coverage for COVID-19 and related health issues during the traveler’s stay in Chile. The health insurance must cover charges associated with COVID-19 during the traveler’s stay, with a coverage of USD $ 30,000 (minimum).
Please check your country’s sanitary requirements in case you need a negative PCR taken in Chile before boarding your flight back home.
Organizing Committee SSAGI 2022